Caught in the power lines
Lane, a paragliding instructor, was finishing up a flight. As he was coming down, the power lines were very difficult to see, and Lane didn’t realize how precarious his situation was until it was too late. He thought he had cleared the wires, but he got pulled back and ended up tangled in the wires and was electrocuted. Lane managed to send a message to 9-1-1, and they were able to have the power turned off. After he was extricated, Life Flight Network was able to get Lane to a trauma center in just 19 minutes. Later on Life Flight Network flew lane on to a burn center for treatment of his internal burns.
“Thanks to everyone involved in my rescue.” Lane
Latest Survivor Stories
One February morning 15 year old Morgan and her grandfather “Papa” John Anderson set out for a snowmobile ride in the Pintler mountain range outside of Anaconda, MT. This was a special morning as this was Morgan’s first ever solo ride. During the ride, Morgan felt the...read more
Stan was in the Eagle Cap wilderness on a backcountry horseback riding trip. They had decided to move their basecamp to a higher elevation. It was late in the afternoon, and the weather had been declining. That’s when the accident happened. The first thing Stan...read more
Florene awoke with severe pain in her chest, radiating to her back. Her family found her lying down in the living room and immediately called 9-1-1. Once the ambulance arrived it was determined Florene needed critical care not available at the local hospital, so Life...read more